Central Employment are delighted to be working in partnership with a leading digital and techology provider, as they look to appoint an Assistant Accountant.
An Assistant Accountant provides essential support to the Executive team. They will report directly to an organisation’s external Accountant, and the Operations Director and deliver crucial day-to-day support, spanning the full mix of financial duties.
Key responsibilities can include preparation of financial statements and accounts, managing ledgers, forecasting and budgeting, plus preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
An Assistant Account can make a big impact on a business, improving profitability and contributing to future growth. The Assistant Accountant’s financial reports will help shape the recommendations made by the Accountants to the wider business.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to Trial Balance
- Formation of year end statutory accounts to Trial Balance
- Maintenance of sales invoices and reports
- Reconciliation, including posting and balancing
- Forecasting & budgeting, including variance analysis
- Preparation of reports on debtors and creditors
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Maintaining all necessary records including invoices, expenses, payments and transactions
- Management of ledgers including Credit Control
- Accruals & prepayments
- Ensuring high quality reporting and robust processes are in place to support the business
- Providing general finance advice and assistance as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Highly proficient in maths, with outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrable past experience in a similar Assistant Accountant Role
- Solid understanding of key accountancy principles and processes
- First-rate numerical skills, alongside excellent Excel skills
- Hard-working, proactive, with a 'can-do’ attitude
- Strong inter-personal skills, being confident working with individuals across the team and wider business
- Part qualified with AAT, CIMA or ACCA
- Management Accounts
- Part Qualified
- Statutory Accounts
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'