Kingston Upon Hull, Temporary, Assistant Accountant, Accountancy and Finance
A large public sector organisation based in the centre of Hull, who are going through quite significant periods of change.
The key responsibilities of the Assistant Accounts role will be as follows:
- Reporting in to a Financial Accountant, most of the work will be on the Financial Accounts side
- Maintaining fixed asset register
- Monthly control account balance sheet reconciliation
- Accounts payable duties - not posting invoices, an overview of the AP function looking at the ageing of the aged creditors, checking things haven't been missed, helping AP assistants with any more difficult queries
- Following up on reconciliation items
- Accruals, prepayments, journals as part of month end
- VAT return support, looking in to where it's been charged and if correct
- There would be other ad hoc bits, various projects etc
The successful candidate will already have experience in a similar role at least at Assistant Accountant level, and will ideally have some experience or knowledge of public sector organisations. They will be immediately available to start and able to work for at least a 3 month period. They will be used to temporary assignments, or at least able to come in to the organisation and hit the ground running from day one.
The successful Assistant Accountant will be offered the following:
- £14-16 per hour depending on experience
- 3 month contract
- Potential extension or permanent opportunities
- On site parking
- Blend of at home and in office working
- Immediate start
- Central Hull location
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'