REED Accountancy are delighted to be working with our client, a very successful local business in central Belfast, who are seeking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their business as the number two to the Finance department. This is an exclusive role which you won't see advertised anywhere else.
The role of Assistant Accountant is a particularly exciting role for an aspiring Senior Finance Professional, as it reports directly in to the Finance Director and offers a very tangible route to Company Accountant within the first year and an equally tangible medium to long term route to FD.
The Assistant Accountant will initially be responsible for the timely and accurate administration of the Finance function including:
- Purchase Ledger
- Sales Ledger
- Petty Cash
- Month-end reconciliations
- Assisting with management accounts
- Statutory returns
Working closely with the Finance Director, your remit will grow over time as you undertake more responsibility within management accounts, audit and general operations (including the administration and management of memberships and accreditations).
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated and capable individual, demonstrating exceptional professional values. This role would be well suited to a Part-Qualified Accountant who is commercially-minded and motivated to become a Senior Finance professional in the medium to long term.
- A minimum of 2 years' office-based Finance experience, working with computerised Accountancy software e.g. Sage, Xero etc.
- Reasonably strong IT skills including MS Excel
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Strong professional values
- Ambitious and keen to progress in a long term role
- Experience using Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll
- A qualification or part-qualification with a professional Accountancy body e.g. IATI, ACCA, ACA, CIMA etc.
Get in Touch
This is a genuinely fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and motivated Assistant Accountant who wants to progress. For more information, or for a confidential chat about this vacancy, please call Chris Burns at REED Accountancy on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'