12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Kent - Tunbridge Wells
Circa £25,000 - £28,000 pa plus benefits
cer Financial are working with a Financial Services institution based in Kent, who are looking to grow their busy team with an Assistant Accountant on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract basis.
This role involves assisting the chief Operational Accountant, assuring the smooth running of Operational Accounts.
Main Responsibilities of an Assistant Accountant will include:
- Maintaining the majority of bank accounts including investments
- Year end - Directors letter of representation and bank authority letters
- Staff expenses, petty cash. Bank reconciliations on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Detailed expense and budget comparisons (monthly and quarterly)
- Accruals and Prepayments
- IB Policy payments and monthly accounting.
- Bank daily reconciliations.
- Monthly reconciliations consisting of Cash loans, Premium Loans, Commission Balances, Policy suspense, Termination Suspense.
- Intercompany reconciliation and settlement
- Salary journal for Private medical contributions each month
- Help set up and maintain the groups’ authorisation manual
- Providing information to the Management Accountant
- Produce reliable monthly reconciliations
The successful Assistant Accountant will include:
- AAT or Part qualified (CIMA/ACCA)
- Tangible experience within accounting, of Bank Reconciliations, Expense processing, Accruals, Prepayments etc
- Proactive and can work independently
- Being able to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent numeracy skills and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Excellent external and internal customer care and dealing with people at all levels
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'