Assistant Accountant for a large Energy Company- up 38000 per year plus Study Support based in the West End.
Your new company
Our client is a leading Energy company in the West End, this role has a lot of progression for the candidates through their growth year on year. You would be joining this company at a time where they are expanding within the industry.
Your new role
- Ownership of the Accounts payable function, responsible for most of the daily operation (including inputting, report running and reconciliation) of Xero accounting software
- Updating purchase and nominal ledgers and producing reports such as aged creditor status and other daily/weekly reports
- Undertaking maintenance of weekly payment runs, including the review of all invoices for appropriate back-up documentation and approval prior to payment
- Provide key information to the investment team with regards to liquidity matters on a weekly basis
- Bank Reconciliations for a minimum of 12 companies weekly
- Responsible for filing monthly/quarterly VAT and CIS returns for the companies under management.
- Undertaking month-end reconciliation of balance sheet debtor accounts Assisting with the cost control and budgeting process Month end procedures including release of monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Updating of backing schedules and monitoring of schedule balances comparing to balance sheet for a caseload of multiple companies
- Assist the investment team with the onboarding process of new assets - comprising of; communicating with external vendors to ensure we have sufficient documentation and understanding of an asset before taking ownership
- Undertaking other general finance/administrative duties within the team
What you'll need to succeed
The ideally candidate would have energy industry experience or used Xero as a system.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary with Study support, social environment within their fantastic offices.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'