Role: Assistant Accountant
Salary: £30-35,000pa dep on exp.
Our client is seeking a part Qualified Assistant Accountant on a Fixed Term Contract to join the finance team in Reigate. As an Assistant Accountant you will be working as part of a dedicated finance team and your primary focus would be to assist with the production and reporting of the monthly management accounts, quarterly regulator, industry body returns and the financial control of the company's balance sheet.
As an Assistant Account you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a range of internal relationships across the organisation. To develop and maintain positive relationships with key partners and stakeholders as well as colleagues from across the Company.
Your main responsibilities as an Assistant Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Production of all management accounts - P&L, balance sheet - and internal management reporting for review by the Finance reporting & Control Manager.
- Investment accounting and MI - supporting Company & group investment committees as needed.
- Reinsurance accounting and reconciliation. Ensuring payments and returns are completed within agreed deadlines.
- Completion and overseeing of the reconciliation of all balance sheets.
- Month end planning and timetabling for reporting across the team.
- Adhere to the TU Financial and risk data management policy.
To be successful in the role of Assistant Accountant you will have the following skills and experience:
- Part Qualified Accountant - ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification/experience
- Experience of working within the Insurance or Financial sector is desirable.
- Ability to take responsibility for allocated tasks and ensure actions are taken to ensure tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- High degree of accuracy: demonstrates a significant level of attention to detail.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of working within a technical accounting function.
- Excellent planning skills: able to prioritise own work and that of the team to meet agreed schedules and accounting deadlines.
- Highly numerate: able to demonstrate financial acumen.
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply now.
Due to the very high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, with regret we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 10 working days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
We have ongoing requirements for individuals who are interested in sales roles, including Sales Consultant, Account Manager, Telesales Executive, Telemarketing Executive, Customer Care Associate, etc. Please contact us for more details.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'