£11 - £14 per hour
An established organisation close to Huntingdon are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant on a temporary basis for approximately 2-3 months. This is a business we have successfully placed temporary staff with in the past and the working environment is always one that people enjoy.
You will report to the Head of Finance and cover the following:
• Support the recording of bankings and posting of all cheques and cash including cash receipts book postings to both Sales and General Ledgers.
• Assist in the recording and posting of all incoming monies.
• Raise sales invoices to third parties on a timely basis.
• Chase all overdue and slow moving monies in line with the organisation’s credit control procedures.
• Assist with the payment & posting to the General Ledger of all petty cash payments and reconciliation of all organisational petty cash on a monthly basis.
• Support the preparation of weekly and monthly income and expenditure statements and reconciliations required for the Company’s Management Accounts, including the calculation & posting of accruals & prepayments.
• To support the Management Accountant in ensuring the monthly reconciliation of the Balance Sheet accounts.
• Submitting VAT and Gift Aid as directed.
Ideally you will have experience using Microsoft Excel and Sage although this is not essential. This is a genuinely lovely company who make all employees feel welcome and valued.
The office is accessible by public transport and parking is available. For more information please contact Nick Heap on 01223 462857 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'