Are you looking for a new role in Finance? Are you ready for your next career move?
We're currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join a leading Industrial Services organisation in Kendal who operate from a valuable set of core values including: Integrity, Teamwork, Pride and Respect.
This role would be supporting the Financial Controller ensuring that our client reports its financial results in an accurate and timely manner, supporting managers in maximising the return on resources.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Month end review of regional jobs, accessing WIP & Accrual requirements.
- Month end review of cost centres and operations.
- Preparation and posting of specific accounting journals required for management accounts.
- Ensure the company is full provided for sales commissions and rebates (contract specific)
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliation.
- Support with internal and external audits.
- Support monthly and quarterly reporting requirements.
- Purchase invoice coding when required.
- Correct processing of stock purchases.
- Ensure best practice is carried out in accordance with company guidelines.
- Adhoc support to Financial Controller when required.
- Good computer skills - knowledge of Microsoft office in particular Excel.
- Working towards CIMA/ACCA Qualification.
- Ability to learn Solomon accounts package.
- Ability to process data accurately in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate to employees at various levels across the company and external stakeholders.
Other useful information:
- Working hours: Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week
- Salary - £23,000 - £25,000
- Kendal office based
If you're interested in this role or would like to know more, please get in touch with Frankie Scott as soon as possible as interviews are being held immediately.
System People are acting as a recruitment agency on behalf of their client in this instance.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'