Assistant Accountant - Our client is a well-established Chartered Accountants in Central London, with a strong and loyal client base. Highly successful, the company is renowned for being professional, friendly and looking after its staff.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to work within its internal finance function to support the Finance Manager. Responsibilities will include:-
- Assisting the Finance Manager with month-end journals, prepayments & accruals and control account reconciliations
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and nominal ledger
- Overseeing intercompany transactions & ensure all invoices are raised on a timely basis & reconciliations carried out regularly.
- Maintaining accurate control, recording and reconciliation of the company's financial records.
- Posting cash books/petty cash book to SAGE & ensure all bank reconciliations are up to date.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the year-end statutory accounts
- Preparation of all year-end reconciliations
- Posting of trial balance to accounts production software
- Assisting with the disclosure in the statutory accounts.
- Liaising with purchase ledger to forecast & timetable supplier & BACS payments
- Assisting with monthly cash balances forecasts
The role will require:
- A part qualified AAT or qualified by experience all round accounts person
- Strong IT skills - Word/Excel/Outlook and experience of using accounting packages
- Effective communicator / good organisation skills / attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"