c£28,000 - £32,000 per annum, depending on experience
37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
MEDICA, a leading private Medical employer in the South East are seeking an Assistant Accountant within our Finance Department.
The position involves supporting the Finance Manager with management accounts and board reports. You will also ensure that a high level of information and analysis is provided to the Directors, and that robust procedures are developed to ensure the quality of this information.
It also requires the post holder to demonstrate clear communication skills together with the ability to prioritise tasks in a logical manner ensuring that strict deadlines are met.
The postholder will be required to have an understanding of the overlap of responsibilities, and job functions with other posts within the finance department and Medica Group, therefore a team focused professional approach is essential.
- Preparation of management accounts and information for the Board.
- Management of the Company's payroll, pension and related areas.
- Participating in the month end process.
- Assist with the annual and interim audit.
- Supporting the Finance manager and CFO in delivering the key priorities for the finance department.
- Managing a team of finance administrators to deliver some of the core activities of the department and taking responsibility for these areas:
- Communicating with clients to arrange purchase orders and payment for Medica's services. Liaising with account managers as required.
- Processing the logs produced by radiologists claiming payment for additional body parts and consultation fees and ensuring these are valid claims.
- Assisting with the month end reconciliation process as required including checking data for accuracy and completeness and arranging invoicing and payments.
- Processing and analysis of NightHawk consultation data.
- Production of reports analysing various operational and financial aspects of the month's performance including turnaround times and radiologist earnings.
- Communicating by telephone and e-mail with radiologists in order to ensure that their insurance is up to date, and that they are sufficiently covered for the work they do.
- Handling of queries from radiologists and clients.
- Ad hoc reports and projects as required
Along with your ability to work methodically and collaboratively you will require a high level of attention to detail and excellent communication skills. You be either a part qualified accountant or qualified through experience, and have experience of managing a finance team with the ability to undertake all of the key duties above.
MEDICA are a vibrant and rapidly growing provider of clinical services - founded in 2004 and currently employing around 90 people with over 300 professional service providers (Radiologists). Output is increasing by around 20% each year and we are investing heavily in people and infrastructure.
MEDICA delivers safe, secure, UK-based teleradiology services to over 50% of the NHS. Through our Acute and Routine services, we are the leading independent UK provider of radiology reporting, delivering in excess of 1.5 million reports a year.
Prior to appointment in post, you will be required to complete a DBS check in line with MEDICA policy.
MEDICA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply with your CV and covering letter in the first instance.
No agencies please.
- Assistant Accountant; management accounts; payroll; pension; month end; audits; managing team; Sage; Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"