Location: Hessle, East Yorkshire
Salary: £18,000 to 20,000 per annum plus competitive benefits package and bonus opportunity
About the company:
Our client operates a world scale wheat to bioethanol & animal feed plant which is based on the Saltend Chemicals complex in Hull. There is also a commercial & finance office to the west of Hull in Hessle. Our client is apart of the AB Sugar group of companies within Associated British Foods (ABF).
The role of the Assistant Accountant:
Responsibility for preparation of Financial Reports and Analysis and daily accounting processes, ensuring that our client operates within a robust Financial Control environment.
Support the Senior Finance leaders in ensuring compliance with their financial controls framework, regulatory and legal reporting requirements and to provide the full range of financial and performance reporting requirements to all key stakeholders.
Duties of the Assistant Accountant:
- Ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of performance reporting data provided on a regular basis to all shareholders, acting as a focal point for our client in relevant monitoring different shareholder demands (e.g. different year ends).
- Build and maintain routine and ad hoc reporting from the requisite accounting/trading systems, as identified by self and as required by business leaders.
- Support Finance Manager (Reporting & Forecasting) in ensuring correct technical standards are applied and ensure forward looking view over changing standards and how they may affect the business.
- Participation in the development of financial reports and performance reports based on historic and forecast assumptions that satisfy the needs of all stakeholders.
- Help maintain the integrity of the Balance Sheet by owning and supporting the necessary Balance Sheet control accounts.
- Production of monthly reports to help Business Leaders understand and manage the financial performance and monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Ledger postings in a timely, effective and accurate manner.
- Production of monthly, quarterly and annual returns for submission to HMRC.
- Provide support to Finance leadership group as required e.g. other project work.
Requirements of the Assistant Accountant:
- Part-qualified / qualified accountant (to AAT level)
- Experience of heavy industrial / process engineering environment would be desirable
- Advanced MS Office skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines and adapt quickly to changing business needs.
- Good project management skills and strong time management skills.
- Highly motivated, good communication skills and a confident decision maker.
- Ability to develop good working relationships at all levels both within and outside the organisation.
- Lead by example, as well as an excellent team player.
- High level of personal integrity and professionalism.
Assistant Accountant Benefits:
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free Onsite Parking
- Career Progression and Professional Development
- Pension Matching Scheme
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Assistant Accountant role is right for you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job