Job Role: Assistant Accountant - 6month FTC
Location: New Milton
Job Sector: Finance
As a Scheme Accountant you will contribute to our vision of being the leading residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Delivering accurate financial statements and records to our customers
This role reports to the Scheme Accounting Team Leader
You are a currently studying towards a professional accounting qualification (AAT, ACCA or CIMA) and have a minimum of 2 years' experience in an accounting environment and are looking for the next step in your career.
Your ideal role is one where you can utilise your accounting knowledge and your high attention to detail. You will use your strong communication skills to see and challenge information, ensuring a smooth accounting process for your team.
You are customer focused and thrive in working collaboratively and in a fast paced environment.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
- Deliver year end accounts to residents in a timely fashion
- Carry out the necessary transactions to ensure a smooth accounting process for accounts
- Resolve issues on accounts and ensure a quality service is provided to customers/ clients
- Deliver to department productivity metrics and contribute to the team and organisational goals
- Liaise effectively with auditors to deliver a smooth audit process and provide the best possible outcome for our customers and our clients
- Adopt a proactive approach at all times to audit and accounts, liaising with analysts/ managers on areas of concern
- Take full responsibility of your own development and contribute positively and effectively to the team through creative ideas, tested processes or feedback from colleagues/ external parties.
- Please note: Internally this role will be titled Scheme Accountant
Friendly - We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive - We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful - We listen, consult and take on-board people's opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people's lives, and act with respect at all times.
Skilled - We've the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We're informed, and we're always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service.
Trustworthy - We're always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job