SF Group are pleased to be working with a well-established organisation based in Solihull. My Client is looking for an interim Assistant Accountant for a 6 month Fixed Term Contract. You will be responsible for the monitoring and reporting of budgets and for providing accurate financial support to Budget Holders. You will also assist and support the Accountant in providing monthly management information to the Finance Manager and Budget Holders.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing financial advice and support to Budget Holders
- Undertaking budgetary control meetings to ensure effective budgetary control is being carried out.
- Writing or amending reports from the finance database and write ad hoc reports as requested.
- Assisting with the setting of budgets as part of the annual Business Plan update.
- Taking responsibility for reconciliation of control accounts
- Assisting in the production of information for the statutory accounts and in the production of monthly management accounts.
- Overseeing and providing advice, training and coaching to junior members of staff.
- Undertake any other as hoc duties that may arise.
You will have proven experience of working within a similar environment and of providing accurate, timely, and reliable information to Budget Holders. You will be confident in the use of Excel You will have the ability to prioritize work and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines. You be experienced in the analysis and manipulation of large volumes of financial and performance data and have the ability to problem solve. You will be able to review processes and recommend improvements to improve efficiency and to communicate financial information to non-finance staff in an understandable manner. You will have flexibility to work additional hours to cover peak workloads.
While this role is office based, it does require some travel so access to your own car is desirable.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job