Assistant Accountant - Central Northampton - Upto £25k + Study
Your new company
My client are an established international business in the technology sector.
Your new role
This Assistant Accountant role will start off with taking responsibility for the transactional elements of the finance department and then quickly progress towards the successful Assistant Accountant supporting the production of Management Accounts.
- Posting of purchase invoices, credit card transactions and expenses to Sage and SAP, ensuring cost centre, department and geography details are correct
- Ensuring the purchase order process has been followed and appropriate authorisation has been gained
- Ensure that all supplier payments are completed in an accurate and timely manner, and handle any supplier queries on payments
- Monitor receipts and payments on a daily basis to ensure that cash is available to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure that recurring sales invoices are raised each period to customers in a timely manner
- Liaising with Sales and Operations Departments to ensure one off sales are billed promptly
- Allocate payments received from customers promptly and accurately, and handle any customer queries as necessary
- Contacting customers regarding outstanding balances due
- Performing bank and other balance sheet reconciliations
- Various reporting on purchase and sales ledger, including departmental and geographical spend analysis
- Assisting with monthly management accounts tasks
- Ensuring the finance email inbox is kept up to date, and all queries resolved without delay.
- Finance administration tasks
- Assist the Finance Manager in ad-hoc project work as required. This can include tasks such as:
- Year end audit preparation
- Assisting with the implementation of process efficiencies
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working with an ERP system (Sage 50 and SAP preferred but not essential as training will be provided)
- Professional telephone manner and excellent communication skills
- Good Excel knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
What you'll get in return
The client are offering a very competitive salary, study support and excellent career progression prospects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job