Assistant Accountant Up to £28,000 + Study Support
Your new company
This established company based in South Yorkshire are looking for a Part Qualified Accountant to join their team directly reporting into the Finance Manager. Ideally you will have at experience in a similar role to ensure a smooth transition to this company. They are well established in their respective market offering a comprehensive service to their clients which develops a high level of quality.
Your new role
You will join the finance team in a pivotal role working on the accounts of several departments within the business. This ensures variation and exposure to multiple elements within Finance. This is a newly created position and reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Oversee and assist in the completion of all bank account reconciliations.
- Ensure year end schedules required for tax packs are completed on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of PSA to ensure correct calculation and submissions to HMRC
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts with other group companies
- Quarterly preparation of VAT returns
- Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Adhoc Payment request processing.
- Assist in the preparation of Statutory Accounts and Tax Packs
- Processing Intercompany Journals
- Replenishing and reconciling petty cash
- Management of Company paid credit cards
- Completion of national statistics returns
- Administration and reconciliation of Fixed asset control accounts and produce related reports for management at all levels within the business
- Manage the capital approval processes ensuring compliance with regional and group policies
- Producing Monthly Accounts for overhead cost centres
- Assisting in the preparation of cost centre budgets and forecasts.
- Reconciliation and processing of prepayments, accruals and standard charges
- Administration of Contract data base to ensure all data is provided to invoice customers correctly.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need previous experience in a similar role and you will be an organised and willing worker, performing all tasks to a high standard and assisting where needed. Furthermore you need excellent communication skills, and must be able to effectively communicate across all levels of the business to resolve issues and improve processes relating to the Accounting team. You will be driven and wanting to further your career coupled with having a good understanding of the process and controls within the sales ledger and purchase ledger functions.
What you'll get in return
In return, you receive a competitive salary of up to £28,000 coupled with an environment that exposes you to further aspects of accounting and will enhance your skill set moving forward. There is secure parking onsite and is easily accessible from surrounding towns and cities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job