Ambition, attention to detail and a future long term career within a big group are three characteristics that my client is looking for with its next Assistant Accountant. You will essentially be conducting the role of a Treasurer whilst also getting involved in variety of areas within accounts. If you are interested, apply now.
Our client is a large engineering organisation based in a location that is easily commutable from both Derby and Nottingham. You will be part of a wider group which offers fantastic progression opportunities. The atmosphere is fairly fast pace and there are a number of deadlines you will need to meet, so if you like working in this type of atmosphere where in return you will receive support and development, then this position will be right for you.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
Cash forecasting and working with the corporate treasury team
- Liaising with debtors to ensure timely and accurate cash collection, allocation and reporting
- Responsibility for company bank accounts
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Processing employee expenses
- Monthly preparation of journals
- Responsibility for leading projects to cleanse historical data and develop new processes
- Preparation of National Statistics information
- Understanding of customer accounts to ensure that there are no credit issues or sale blocks within SAP
- Inter-company balance reconciliations
The successful candidate will be ambitious and driven with a keen eye for detail. You will be studying towards an accounting qualification with intentions to progress in the future. It is important that you want to take ownership of your role and ensure full compliance with deadlines when required.
Our client is offering a salary package of up to £23,000 and a study package. There is parking on site and great benefits too.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job