An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to join an impressive organisation in Huddersfield on long term basis. You must have previous experience working with Sage and be competent with all Microsoft packages, especially Excel.
The main responsibilities of the position will include:
- Production of monthly management accounts to trial balance stage in accordance with Finance department agreed timescales
- Preparing prepayments and accruals
- Assistance in preparation of monthly nominal analysis
- Preparation of daily bank reconciliations
- Monitoring of cash flow and highlighting any potential issues to the Financial Controller
- Responsibility for the Sales Ledger function including the production, checking, and distribution of invoices and dealing with queries and remittance matching
- Supervision of the Purchase Ledger Administrator, Payroll Administrator and Finance Assistants
- Provide support to the payroll function
- Ensuring the organisational capital expenditure policy is followed and an accurate and up to date asset register is maintained
- Raising statutory payments
- Supervision of daily handling and administration of petty cash
- Assistance with year-end audit schedules
This role will suit anyone who is particularly keen to progress and there is study support for anyone looking to complete their AAT or further accounting qualifications.
Good communication skills, telephone manner and system skills are essential. If you feel you are right for this role please contact Stephen Foster or Felicity Underwood for immediate feedback and consideration on .
Venn Group is acting as an employment agency and an employment business. Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
- management accounts
- trial balance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job