You will be joining a well established public sector organisation as an Assistant Accountant
Your new company
You will be joining a well established Public Sector organisation who provide a high level of support and services to the community.
Your new role
As Assistant Accountant you will be joining a team of 8 reporting into the Financial Controller. You will be responsible for 3 members of the finance team along with the following responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of monthly management accounts and payroll
- Provide effective supervision of the Purchase Ledger Administrator, Payroll Administrator and Finance Assistants
- Monitor cashflow and ensure the effectiveness of cash collection
- Control fixed asset accounting
- Production of monthly management accounts to trial balance stage in accordance with Finance department agreed timescales.
- Preparing prepayments and accruals
- Assistance in preparation of monthly nominal analysis
- Preparation of daily bank reconciliations
- Monitoring of cash flow and highlighting any potential issues to the Financial Controller
- Responsibility for the Sales Ledger function including the production, checking, and distribution of invoices and dealing with queries and remittance matching.
- Supervision of the Purchase Ledger Administrator, Payroll Administrator and Finance Assistants
- Provide support to the payroll function
- Ensuring the organisational capital expenditure policy is followed and an accurate and up to date asset register is maintained
- Raising statutory payments to HMRC and NHS Pensions
- Supervision of daily handling and administration of petty cash
- Assistance with year-end audit schedules
- NHS Pensions reconciliations
- Dental patient charges reconciliations and issuing credit notes
- Ensure all staff within the team receive an annual performance and development review incorporating the development of a personal development plan
- Develop and maintain appropriate channels of communication with customers to ensure cashflow is in line with agreed terms and to highlight any potential issues to the Financial Controller.
- Ensure adherence to legal, professional and organisational standards, policies and protocols.
- To act in the best interests of the patient at all times and refer any issues to the attention of the Financial Controller.
- Manage customer cash receipts and supplier payments and forecasts and ensure Debtor and Creditor days targets are achieved consistently.
This is a full time permanent role Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm with 1/2 hour for lunch
What you'll need to succeed
You will be AAT Qualified or Part Qualified ACCA or CIMA. Having previous staff management experience is desirable
What you'll get in return
You will receive an attractive salary, study package (if required), free parking, 22 days holiday + statutory, career average pension contribution.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- assistant management accountant
- assistant accountant
- part qualified
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job