My client is currently looking for an assistant accountant to come on board.
You will be expected to:
• Process all purchase ledger transactions: producing and posting appropriate journals, accruals and prepayments
• Manage the petty cash tin and chequebook
• Process expenses, including company cards
• Work extensively on maintaining and developing the nominal ledger system
• Perform stock as part of a team and independently, analysing results and reporting accordingly
• Prove integral in the introduction and function of a new ledger system, which simplifies structure and increases the speed of the production of accounting information
• Work with superiors in developing a more structured expense policy enabling easier cost tracking and enforcing authorisation
We are looking for somebody who is:
• Newly or part qualified CCAB or CIMA accountant with at least 3 years' experience of working in a busy finance office
• Experienced at computerised accounting systems and software in a medium or large organisation
• Experience of maintaining accounts payable and accounts receivable ledgers, processing payments and debt collection
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're interested in this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job