AM finance is recruiting for a Assistant Accountant to support an external accountant with the day to day finance and business of a dynamic fast growing Tech business in East London
Specialising in manufacturing and retail sales this role would suit someone looking for career progression and the opportunity to grow and take on more responsibility.
Your role will be key to managing the finances of the business and ensure the accuracy of financial transactions working alongside a big 4 trained finance manager.
The ideal Assistant Accountant will be:
• Perform general bookkeeping duties, using Receipt Bank and Xero Accounting Software
• Manage the supplier ledger to include providing a weekly Aged Supplier report ready for batch payments
• Perform reconciliations of bank accounts on a daily basis to ensure accuracy to include chasing suppliers for missing invoices
• Reconciling Supplier statements
• Manage staff expense claims, to include correct allocation of costs and chasing staff for missing receipts
• Credit control
• Maintain an organised and streamlined accounting system
• Collaborate and report to our accountants on a weekly basis
• Assist with budget preparation and forecasts
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency
• Support month-end and year-end close processes
The ideal Assistant Accountant will have:
• AAT or equivalent, QBE or part qualified ACCA or equivalent
• Bookkeeping experience
• Experience within the manufacturing or retail sales sector would be desirable
• Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles
• Keen attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organised.
• Advanced MS Excel skills
Full study support will be given with the position
For more information please apply to Carolyn Beckford via the application button.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job