Are you currently studying your ACCA /CIMA and looking to progress within a listed multinational business?
An Assistant Accountant is required to work for an internationally listed Consumer business based in West London on a permanent basis. Working for a well-known business with a global presence this is an opportunity for an ambitious Part Qualified Accountant to progress.
Reporting to the International Finance Manager for one of the divisions, you will be working in a team of 5 and sitting amongst a wider finance team of 50 plus. You will be responsible for owning the month-end accounting for one of the international regions and assisting Qualified Accountants in the team on additional duties. Responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership for month-end including journals, accruals and prepayments
- Handling the balance sheet reconciliations and assisting with profit and loss reporting
- Handling bank reconciliations including dealing with multi-currency
- Dealing with VAT returns
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly, quarterly & year-end reporting schedules and corporate templates
- Management of the fixed asset register
- Dealing with intercompany accounting including extensive multi-currency work
- Liaising with auditors at year-end
The successful candidate will be ACCA or CIMA part qualified who is actively studying towards their qualification (having taken an exam in the past 12 months) and who wants to progress in their career with a multinational business. You must have previous experience handling month-end accounting including exposure to the balance sheet and be able to take ownership for accruals, prepayments, journals and bank reconciliations. Knowledge of SAP is desirable as well as experience working in the Consumer industry and for a business with a turnover of £100 million plus. You must have excellent communication skills, be a team player and thrive in working in a fast-paced environment.
In return, the business will support your studies. There is an excellent benefits package in place including discounted gym membership, ability to support local charities through work and 25 days’ holiday.
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Reconciliation
- Journal Entries
- Month End Close
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job