Assistant Accountant - North Nottinghamshire - £20,000-£25,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a well known Manufacturing business based in North Nottinghamshire.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join the Finance team in a varied role which supports the management accounts process. This role within the team will report to the Finance Manager and assist with delivering the day to day accounting responsibilities including Purchase Ledger and supervising Sales Ledger
The finance team will be playing an active part in leading and supporting the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by providing key financial insight and control; whilst driving improvements to the operation and financial processes.
So what is the job?
- Assist with the introduction and development of a suite of management reports, KPI's and accounting reports to agreed deadlines to aid the business including both weekly and monthly packs
- Assist in the monthly period end close down function
- Deputise for the Financial Controller in their absence
- Provide monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
- Produce monthly Inter-company reconciliations
- Prepare VAT & Intrastat returns
- Provide bookkeeping up to Trial Balance stage including Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Cash Book and preparation of all Period End journals
- Variance analysis
- Ad-hoc work as required
What are you like?
- Part-qualified CIMA/ACCA and ideally from an AAT background
- 2 - 3 years experience in Finance
- Excellent attention to detail, accurate and diligent
- Resilience in working with manual systems
- High degree of integrity
- Ability to demonstrate working under own initiative and think things through whilst being innovative and creative
- Advanced Excel including pivot tables and lookups is essential
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver to tight timescales with a disciplined attention to detail
Package - £20,000 - £25,000
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give us a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job