Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to work for a leading Retail business based in Coventry, this is a permanent opportunity paying up to £34,000 + Study support
This role will be ideal for ACCA/CIMA studiers wanting to further develop and progress within a forward thinking business that truly put their employees first.
The role will support the PLC and Small Companies Lead Accountant with the control and preparation of all financial reporting for the business and various subsidiary accounts. This will include management flash reporting, monthly financial reporting, and the completion of forecasts and budgets.
- Production of the P&L, balance sheet, cash flow statements and other supporting schedules as part of the month end, half year and year end close.
- Support the Small Companies Lead Accountant in delivering best in class financial reporting over 20 subsidiaries within strict monthly closedown deadlines whilst ensuring accurate
- Deliver an excellent service to the Business Partners through great communication, stakeholder management and by ensuring that the financial reporting delivered for their statutory entities is on-time, accurate and
- Work collaboratively with various areas of the business to obtain month end numbers and resolve
- Hold a monthly flash with the Business Partners to update on the performance of each companies and agree next
- Assisting with the production of corporation tax
- Production of outline VAT return
- Taking ownership of intercompany process, challenging and streamlining the existing processes, taking forward improvements and embedding a new and improved
- Identify and deliver continuous improvements in both systems and
- Assisting with the production of quarterly forecasts and budgets for specific holding
- The role will be a pivotal system user and will have to operate across Finance accounting systems (Quantum, SAP, and Tagetik).
- Strong systems skills particularly Excel
- Appreciation of corporation tax requirements
- SAP experience
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different teams and stakeholders
- Strong financial accounting and analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to identify and implement process improvements
- The ability to problem solve and work across teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA
If this role is of interest do not hesitate in applying!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job