My Gloucester based client is looking for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to join a small but dynamic client focussed team. They operate in the retail and hospitality sector; this represents a perfect position for an enthusiastic professional looking to develop within a fast-growing organisation. You will benefit from being given a good level of responsibility from day 1 and a salary banding in the £20,000 - £25,000 range.
In this position you will have the opportunity to fast track your career, as you will be given your own portfolio of clients to manage and expand. Having this responsibility will allow you to learn more about your industry and interact with key stakeholders within your clients, which in turn will lead to a great depth of knowledge in your discipline.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of real-time client dashboards to Assist with the preparation of monthly client reports
- Balance Sheet reconciliations for a number of clients which will also include some bank reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT returns for designated client accounts
- Analysing Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger data to ensure validity
- Supporting the Management Accountant with any additional tasks
Skills and Characteristics:
- Part Qualified (AAT level 3 or 4 qualified or equivalent)
- Experience using Xero highly desirable
- Minimum of 1-year experience working with an accounting software
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge (Word &Excel)
- Attention to detail and a methodical task-based approach
- Excellent communication kills and adaptable to new environments/challenges
If this opportunity lines up with your skills and can give you the career progression you desire, then please contact Harrison Foster with a current version of your CV and salary package.
Adjacency provides permanent and interim management recruitment services to a wide range of clients. We source exceptional talent. We deliver a robust, value added approach to every campaign we undertake; connecting the right people to the right career option. We bring expertise and resources to successfully deliver upon Finance, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources and Operations remits up to Board level appointments. Each assignment is dealt with by discipline specialists, with current market knowledge, who will deliver a shortlist incorporating exceptional people from a diverse and multicultural talent pool.
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job