Assistant Accountant - Kettering
Your new company
My client are a prestigious brand in the FMCG sector based near to Kettering.
Your new role
- Raising invoices
- Raising "invoice only" invoices and maintaining un-posted invoices
- Raising Credit Notes for customers for Discounts, Pricing Diffs, Over-riders, Vouchers and Misc items on a timely basis or as per agreements with customers
- Performing bank reconciliations for all accounts on a timely basis and resolving any discrepancies
- Performing Purchase Order reconciliations and resolving any discrepancies within the reports
- Performing BACS payment runs for purchase ledger
- Raising month end credit notes based on agreed discount rates
- Performing accounts for subsidiary companies, including full reporting and audit work
- Prepare intrastat reports for sales and purchase within a specified time limits
- Assisting in producing reports for the Board as and when required
- Provide support for other finance staff in improving departmental efficiency and inter-departmental relations
- Maintaining timely achieving of paperwork and clearing out old paperwork.
- Responding to customer queries and requests
- Provide holiday cover for other Finance staff
- Adhoc duties as and when required
What you'll need to succeed
- Sound understanding of the processes required within an ERP environment
- Previous experience of working to deadlines within a Finance Dept.
- Ability to liaise with both Finance and Non-Finance personnel
- Time Management and ability to work on own initiative
- Good Microsoft skills (Excel/Word)
- Part qualified working towards a professional accounting qualification
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job