Here at Emis we have an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant, based in our Watford office.
Apart from being the market leaders within the pharmacy software industry, we offer a wealth of benefits with this role including a Competitive Salary, 25 days holiday, an attractive pension scheme, Healthcare cash plan, and a bundle of other benefits!
Reporting into the Finance Manager and working alongside another 2 Assistant Accountants you will:
• Ensure all invoices for 1,000 + customers are raised monthly as per the invoicing timetable and accurately reflect the services provided at the current prices charged, using relevant accounting software;
• Collecting the customer payments using the Direct Debit system, as per the agreed collection schedule, and chasing up any outstanding credit control issues for non-payment of invoices. Escalating any outstanding issues to the Finance Manager;
• Dealing with any customer enquiries relating to their invoices and escalate to the Finance Manager or referring the query to the relevant department where necessary;
• Ensure that all supplier invoices are coded with nominal code, matched to the correct quantities and prices against purchase orders raised using relevant accounting software;
• Assisting with supplier payments in the absence of the Finance Manager;
• Receiving, checking and posting of monthly employee expense claims;
• Maintaining customer pricing information, running invoicing reports in preparation of invoice generation, assisting with receiving, posting and banking of cheques received and carrying out monthly petty cash reconciliation as directed by the Finance Manager.
Please note this is quite a transactional role.
• Experience of working in a Finance environment (ideal)
• Numerate, methodical, analytical with an eye for detail;
• A proven track record of working to strict deadlines;
• Able to work well under pressure;
• Accurate data inputting skills;
• Customer focussed attitude with experience of liaising with internal and external employees and stakeholders;
• Confident communication skills at all levels in the business;
Closing date: 11th March 2018
Interviews WC 19th March 2018
Emis reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
We’re the UK leader in connecting healthcare technology. Our innovative systems, software and services enable a patients’ whole-life medical history to be safely and securely shared by healthcare professionals across all healthcare settings.
Our work connects professionals across all the different areas of the healthcare system. Join us and be an important part of improving healthcare experiences for millions and millions of people every day.
- Accounts Assistant
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job