Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 plus benefits
Our client, an award winning group of companies, with an excellent reputation are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their team based in the Warrington area.
This is truly and excellent opportunities for a high calibre individual, who will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Working from their prestigious offices based Warrington you will be supporting the Finance Manager through maintenance of the companies accounts and reporting processes; whilst processing invoices, credit notes and adjustments, applying correct rate of IPT and commission and delivering a first class professional service
- Postings receipts and payments to appropriate accounts.
- Use of in-house policyholder administration system.
- Ensuring correct income, expenses are synchronised to accounting package.
- Preparation of aged debt schedule.
- Liaison with underwriters relating to invoicing.
- Monitoring instalment schedules and due dates.
- Production of broker statements
- Inputting invoices ensuring correct GBP amounts and UK taxes applied.
- Reviewing balances, ensuring items are correctly coded.
- Making supplier BACS payments, posting payments to accounting system.
- Bank postings and reconciliations (three operational accounts)
- Analysing and coding employee expenses.
- Posting expenses to accounts package, making payments.
- Banking of cash received, allocation of salvage and claim recoveries to in-house claim handling system.
- Processing claims payment, maintenance of accurate claim payment database.
- Monthly reconciliation of a number of balance sheet accounts
- Processing payroll journals.
- Making payroll BACS payments.
- Administration of DC pension scheme and processing monthly pension payment to provider.
- An experienced Accounting professional
- Experienced Excel user (pivot tables, vlookup)
- Understanding of industry accounting software packages
- An understanding of SAGE payroll desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in an accounting role within an insurance or financial services environment
- Ability to manage workloads and prioritise
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
Our client is looking for a highly ambitious individual, who enjoys the challenge of a diverse role whilst having an eye for detail. It is also essential that the successful candidate is a team player, committed to the company, has a flexible and thorough approach with the ability to priorities their work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a forward thinking Insurer who can offer not only an excellent salary but also a comprehensive package.
For more information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR7393
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job