As an Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for producing up to date and accurate information regarding financing and treasury. As a key member of the Financial Reporting Team this individual will provide high standards of accuracy around, weekly, month and annual reporting. The role will be a key point of contact for treasury related queries and will be a point of contact for colleagues and external suppliers, including banks. You will also be responsible for the production of monthly reconciliations, MI data and other key information for both internal and external stakeholders ensuring the information presented is accurate, of a high quality and distributed by the required reporting deadlines.
- Updating the daily cashflow forecast
- Presentation of daily cashflow in relevant meetings
- Investigation and analysis of cashflow variances to budget
- Production of reconciliation accounts
- Production of Management Information and Commentary
- Production of the quarterly and Year End cash flows
- Preparation of working capital analysis, investigation of movements and variances versus expectation
- Production of P&L, cashflow & balance sheet budgets for key areas
- Month end accounting of own P&L and balance sheet areas
- Reconciliations of own balance sheet areas and evaluate and understand reasons for variances to budget
- Management of the admin of bank advices/fees/deal logs
- Manage the Risks & Opportunities agenda for own areas
- Assist with the preparation of consolidated and individual company statutory accounts and financial statements ensuring compliance with accounting standards
- Management of supplier payment queries
- AAT Qualified (and experienced)
- Pragmatic individual with strong accounting skills
- Ability to work within a broad finance team and consider cross team impacts of new processes.
- Confident and enthusiastic self starter
- High standards of professionalism and accountability
- High standards of accuracy and presentation of information
- Positive attitude to change and embraces new ideas and ways or working
- Strong Communicator
- Team player
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job