The main purpose of the role is to assist in the delivery a World Class accounting service to respective UK businesses.
This will involve, in accordance with service level agreements, performing general accounting and reporting activities on behalf of the respective businesses in accordance with Group Accounting Policies and requirements.
The position will require an understanding of business process, to ensure that all processes are understood and fully supported.
- Preparing analysis of inter-company recharges, liaising with various sites to agree recharges and dealing with any queries that arise.
- Raising sundry and inter-company sales invoices
- Clearing down inter-company invoices and receipts on the AR ledger.
- Analysing head office spend and reallocating charges to various cost centres
- Analysing credit card spend between inter-company entities and requesting inter-company transfers/recharges
- Processing standard and non-standard Journals
- Ensure all transactions are recorded accurately and on a timely basis
- Reconciling key balance sheet accounts, including Self-Billing accounts, Inter Company balances, etc.
- Reconciling the travel recharge control account, ensuring inter-company recharges are raised and any queries resolved on a timely basis
- Monthly reconciliation of inter-company balances, liaising with intercompany partners to agree month end balances, whilst ensuring the month end deadlines are met.
- Support Group and Divisional reporting requirements (using HFM)
- Provide routine and ad-hoc analysis as requested by site operations, Finance Business Partners, Division and Group Finance
- Identifying areas of improvement to facilitate a smarter close process
- Experience of working in a busy environment working to tight deadlines
- Experience of working within a team and building relationships with customers
- Good experience of transactional activities (processing journals, raising invoices, etc)
- Good experience of account reconciliations
- Flexible worker who can pick up and complete ad-hoc tasks when required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A competent computer user with experience of using Microsoft Office software
- Experience of using SAP, QAD or similar ERP system
- Experience of working in a large or shared service company
- Ideally studying towards accountancy qualification
- Accounts Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job