Position: Accounts Assistant
Location: central London
Type: temporary (possibly to permanent)
Salary: £24-30,000 p/a
Currently in the processes of submitting their Year-End accounts, my client's looking for an Assistant Accountant to help during this busy period, with the view that a permanent position may be available in March.
You will assist with the financial reporting and analysis for a £130m annual budget, providing key support to the Financial Controller, preparing monthly management accounts and year-end financial statements, as well as assisting in the annual budget process.
- Support the Financial Controller in running the reporting and reconciliation systems up to production of monthly draft management accounts
- Checking, reconcile, and analyse of salaries across the group of charities every month
- Prepare and enter journals for information not captured by the Finance Processing team
- Work with the Fundraising team to analyse and reconcile donations, and then import them into the accounting system
- Involvement in the budget process, the year-end accounts preparation (including liaison with the auditors) and monthly management accounts
- Support the rigour of monthly reporting, reconciliations and control processes, and obtain up to date information for reporting purposes
- Support the development of financial awareness across the charity and its operations at all levels of management and administration.
- Due diligence on grants outward - ensure these are recorded completely and accurately; and that due diligence requirements are followed up, assessed and filed.
- Take responsibility with the FC for ensuring strong financial controls, good governance and statutory compliance
- Assist with any specific projects that may come up from the Financial Controllers, Finance processing team and Systems Manager on an ad hoc basis.
- Document internal procedures to accommodate changes in the organisation
This is a fantastic opportunity offering the successful candidate training and support, as well as the scope to grow into the role over the longer term and exposure to the wider Finance team and several other charities/businesses operating in the group business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job