I am partnered with a fantastic International Animal welfare charity who are looking for an Assistant Accountant. You must be passionate about the welfare of animals, hardworking and dedicated.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the month end process, ensuring that deadlines are met, to include
- preparing and posting month end journals including accruals and prepayments as required
- completing bank reconciliations for all accounts (GBP and foreign currency)
- updating the fixed asset register
- ensuring that intercompany reconciliations are completed and any issues are resolved in a timely manner;
- reconciliation of all other balance sheet accounts, and resolution of any outstanding items
- Work closely with the UK Finance team to accurately record fundraising income and legacies, and ensuring appropriate controls are in place for reconciliation purposes;
- Assist the FA in the preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts, and analysis of any trends;
- Assist with the production of the annual consolidated accounts and associated workings, in line with the new Charities SORP (2015)/FRS 102 and Companies House requirements
- Assist the FA and GHoF with any HMRC filing requirements including corporation tax, VAT and PAYE
- Work closely with and provide cover for the Accounts Clerk (purchase ledger function)
- Provide support to finance teams in country offices as and when required
- Support the FP&A function with their reporting to budget holders
- Carry out other ad hoc tasks as required by FA, GHoF and Global Director of Finance and Performance
- Delivery of the organisations Protection's Global Strategy across the core themes of Mission, Movement & Transformation in a global, matrix environment
- Work cooperatively with external organisations, teams within the organisation and in the wider animal welfare movement to pursue programme objectives and wider organisational goals, including those relating to brand, communications, fundraising and resource management.
- Actively participate in building our brand and maintain the integrity of our brand to support our profile, lead generation, income and engagement.
- Help secure resources (income) and reach (people and partnerships) by actively contributing to our supporter relationships, fundraising, communications, and donor reporting.
- Actively participate and support the organisation to ensure that we manage our resources (financial, staff and IT) efficiently and effectively by improvement of systems, reporting and compliance.
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience using accounting packages (General Ledger, Purchase Ledger)
- Strong experience carrying out month end processes including balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong time management and organisational skills for planning own work and meeting deadlines
- Pro-active, will identify improvements to processes and increase efficiency within the department
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Interest in animal welfare
- Interest in working within an international charity
Part Qualified Accountancy qualification with a UK-recognised CCAB body or QBE
- Practical experience preparing accounts under the Charities SORP (2015) and knowledge of the FRS 102
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and UK auditing standards
- Practical financial accounting experience in a multi-currency, international organisation, where there are overseas branches and/or subsidiaries
- Experience of working with Microsoft Navision (finance system)
Salary offered is up to £32000 plus great benefits
- Accounts Assistant
- Financial Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job