Our client, a leading provider of computer software for boards and senior executives, are looking to recruit a Assistant Accountant to join their accountancy function in Central London. The role offers the opportunity to join a leading, global company in an exciting role with progression.
A software-as-a-service (SaaS) company specialising in secure productivity and collaboration tools designed to streamline board meeting management, and facilitate better board communications
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the business operations, financial reporting and the general ledger structure for all legal entities.
- Perform assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger closing processes
- Prepare journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Provide support or act as accounting lead in enterprise-wide initiatives and assist in other special projects, including tax projects, system upgrades and implementations, merger and acquisition related activities, and new products offered by business units.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the Corporate Accounting team by participating in cross training, sharing job responsibilities, and serving as position backup for other team members.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as assigned
Required Experience/Skills of the Assistant Accountant:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- A minimum of two years of corporate and/or public accounting experience.
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility to accommodate different situations and temperaments
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and demanding global environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Superior organisation and prioritisation skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Assistant Accountant: up to £35,000 with a comprehensive benefits package.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job