Assistant Accountant - £18,000 to £25,000 - Manufacturing - Grantham
Our client, a large Grantham-based manufacturing company, is seeking an Assistant Accountant to support a broad range of duties within a small and friendly finance team.
They are looking for candidates who are willing to get stuck in with the team, learn new tasks as well as apply the foundation of experience they have gained from previous roles.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide support to the finance department in the provision of daily, weekly and monthly accounting information within appropriate deadlines.
- To assist with the preparation of a comprehensive overhead accounting service for site budget holders.
- To compile Balance Sheet reconciliations to audit standards.
- To provide an effective intersite accounting service.
- Assist with the other site accounting responsibilities.
- Assist in the timely preparation, interpretation and presentation of daily, weekly and monthly factory accounting reports.
- Extract, analyse and report variances to standard.
- Assist in overhead reporting and supporting the budget holders in understanding the costs within each of their budget responsibilities.
- Ensure the timely preparation and accurate reporting of accounts
- Compiling, reconciling & monitoring stock reports and issuing relevant details to other sites
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Experience assisting with the preparation of weekly and monthly management accounts.
- Good interpersonal skills and motivated to deliver a proactive accounting service
- Strong excel skills
- Comfortable working within both an office and factory environment
- Trustworthy to work on confidential matters with the utmost discretion
- Part Qualified AAT or qualified by experience.
- Experience within a manufacturing company
They are looking to appoint this role ASAP; if you meet the criteria please make a confidential application as soon as possible.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job