We wish to recruit an experienced Bookkeeper for our Exeter office working with an interesting mix of clients.
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Carry out weekly, monthly and quarterly bookkeeping for a portfolio of clients.
- Prepare & submit VAT returns for a range of clients.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data.
- Maintain CPD.
Education and Experience
- At least two years bookkeeping/accounting experience in industry or practice.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices essential.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations essential.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting computer applications essential.
- Knowledge of Sage Line 50 essential.
- Knowledge of Xero desirable.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Online desirable.
You will need to:
- Demonstrate that they are numerate and have good communication skills.
- Demonstrate continued academic success throughout their accountancy qualifications.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Up to 23 days annual leave
- Car parking for central Exeter location
- Payment of professional institute subscriptions
- Flexible working
- Continuing professional development training and support
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Generous pension scheme