An opportunity to work for an expanding, company now seeking an Assistant Accountant to work across a portfolio of projects.
This is a full time permanent role based in Swindon, Wiltshire paying £21-£23k per annum depending on skills and experience.
The successful candidate will be subjected to full security and financial clearance checks.
The main duties of the Assistant Accountant are to:
- Create and post client invoices into SAP
- Create and post month end journals (including accruals and prepayments)
- Verify supplier invoices as per the contract agreement and within the time schedules agreed with the client
- Ensure that the supplier invoices which are disputed are well documented and communicated within the time schedules as agreed with the client
- Liaise with the supplier, other team members and client to ensure speedy resolution of supplier invoice disputes
- Support the Senior Accounts Clerk / Lead Project Accountant on tasks such as preparation of regular or ad-hoc reports, month-end close process, budgets & forecasts etc.
- Assist Lead Accountant in month end duties including but not limited to, raising client invoices, posting journals, month end reporting and forecasting
- Provide support for quarterly SOX and compliance testing
- Support the Lead Accountant / Accountant by carrying out ad-hoc tasks
- Develop process and guidance notes
- Provide cover for Account Clerks
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as may be required
To be successful as the Assistant Accountant you will:
- Have experience within a similar position
- Be AAT qualified or working towards AAT qualification (or equivalent)
- Be happy to undergo full security and financial checks
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. E-Personnel Recruitment endeavours to respond to all applications, however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.
Apply in the strictest of confidence to E-Personnel Recruitment, specialists in Permanent & Temporary Recruitment and a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) which is the professional body for the recruitment industry.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job