This is a new role which will develop over a period of time. Working closely with both the Financial Accountant and CFO, performing a number of financial duties, as well as produce various in depth financial analysis and comprehensive reports for both financial and management accounting purposes. This will involve working closely with other members of the Finance Team as well as other Departments across the company and therefore good interpersonal skills are also required, as is the ability to work to financial deadlines. Ideally you will be working towards a professional accountancy qualification and a study package will be available
Experience of computer accounting systems, including payroll, is a necessity and knowledge of GOLD software would be an advantage. Excellent Microsoft Office skills are also essential, ranging from creating advanced financial spreadsheets in Excel to presenting data in graphical and PowerPoint media.
- Monthly payrolls for hourly paid employees, including reconciling and analysing labour hours, applying payroll deductions and posting costs to Nominal Ledger. Creating and updating Service Department labour pay rates.
- Assist in the month-end close, producing necessary working papers and journal entries for input onto the Nominal Ledger.
- Analysis of monthly sales margins.
- Assist with the production of monthly Management Accounts and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Petty cash expenditures for depots.
- Reconcile and process company credit card expenditure.
- Responsible for leasing transactions, ensuring correct accounting treatment of invoices and the apportionment of costs and revenue.
- Reconciliation of Inter-Company transactions and balances.
- Other various ad hoc duties
- Management Accounts
- Month End Close
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job