Duties include but are not limited to:
• Have a proactive approach to risk management
• Responsibility of budget monitoring of own portfolio and reporting exceptions.
• Carry out quarterly reviews of the Service Charge accounts with surveyor/facilities manager
• To ensure the maintenance of details on the database is performed in an accurate & timely manner.
• Maintain and update property service charge year end and budget information on the database, monitor budget to actual reporting and actively manage shortfalls in the service charge account.
• Complete year end reviews with surveyors and accountants.
• Produce monthly financial reporting and take responsibility for Client statement updates.
• Produce VAT reports including monthly or quarterly reconciliation and settlement of the VAT account.
• Report directly to Clients at regular finance/accounts review meetings both on/off-site
• Responsibility of accurate recovery of ad-hoc/one-off lease recharges
• Liaise with utilities team on all issues they may have
• Ensure timely recovery of utility charges and associated reconciliation of the utility recharge account.
• Liaise with credit control/supervisor to enable recovery of all charges.
• Liaise with accounts payable on all issues they may have with the ledger
• Review of all bank account reconciliations for the portfolio and ensuring that the reconciling items are dealt with correctly on a monthly basis.
• Liaise with cashiers on all issues they may have with the ledger
The role reports directly into the Finance Manager and requires a high level of accounting experience and full working knowledge of the year-end process and of a service charge account.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Personality to mix and work with a busy team in an accounting department
• Demonstration of accounting skill / ability within a real estate accounting environment.
• Ability to communicate and deliver a quality service and to quickly pick up the QA procedures and work under the pressure of high volume and tight deadlines.
• Excellent eye for detail and Exceptional communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Great analytical skills
• Trustworthy, efficient and organised
If you would like to apply for this role, please email the latest copy of your CV to: email@example.com
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job