We are now working exclusively with a dynamic and forward thinking Professional Accountancy Practice based in East Hertfordshire. They are now looking for an aspiring Assistant Accountant that is looking to expand upon their experience to join their team. The firm work with a variety of different sized clients and provide a full range of support to individuals and firms in a mix of industries such as sport, education, professional services and financial services to name a few.
This a perfect opportunity for someone with a good grounding of accounting experience to join a successful practice that can offer full study support for you to pursue further accounting qualifications such as the ACCA!
Key responsibilities include
- Preparing Sole Trader, Partnership and Limited Company accounts
- Preparation and filing of VAT Returns
- Processing payroll for various clients (including CIS) and deal with Auto-Enrolment
- Regularly liaise with clients to collate information and answer queries
- Assist with Bookkeeping and other ad hoc duties as required
- Candidates should be at least AAT Level 3 Qualified and ideally progressing with Level 4 or equivalent
- Experience of working in an Accountancy Practice environment is preferable
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of modern accounting packages such as Quickbooks, VT, Taxcalc and/or Brightpay would be advantageous
- Driven and focused with the ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Looking to enhance your knowledge and progress with accounting studies
Please feel free to get in touch with the team if you have any questions or queries.
Forrester McKenzie Recruitment are a specialist Accountancy and Finance consultancy with over 30 years’ combined recruitment experience. We work in a variety of Industry sectors including Accountancy, Law, Hotel, Hospitality & Leisure Groups, Management Consultancies, Financial Services, FMCG and Insurance.
As a team we are passionate about Recruitment and as such have forged excellent long term relationships with both client and candidates alike.
Forrester McKenzie is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this on behalf of one of its clients.
Do you know anyone who is looking for a new role? If you refer a friend or colleague to us and we successfully find them a new job, we will send you from £250 to £500 (Role Dependent) worth of High Street vouchers of your choice.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job