Assistant Accountant (Intercompany)
My client is a Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy bringing with it a great opportunity to re-position the brand in the eyes of our markets and ahead of our competitors. The combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world.The future of engineering and construction is in the greater use of data, combined with technologies to deliver our services more efficiently and bring different offerings to our clients. From apps, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, to mobility as a service and digital asset management, we are combining our traditional engineering skills with technology to fundamentally change the way we do things.
This position is part of the Financial Accounting team. The role involves the provision of support to the Financial Controller. The main activities concern preparation of trade debtor returns, performing trade debtor and creditor checks, raising internal invoices and reconciling the quarterly inter-company return.
Responsible to: Financial Controller
Internal - Department Managers; other departments within the group; the broader Finance community (including overseas FC).
External - occasionally suppliers & customers.
• Preparation of the internal Project Summary Report (PSR)
• Review and confirm internal trade balances
• Invoicing internal costs to non-JDE companies
• Review and enter exchange rates and project rates into JDE
• Review intercompany accounts, post correction journals and liaise with overseas to correct entries
• Reconcile non-JDE supplier statements monthly
• Assist with the quarterly inter-company reconciliation process and feedback to Group companies (over 80 overseas entities).
• Assistance with the preparation of annual corporation tax packs for four statutory companies
• Assist with the control self assessment programme
• Provide holiday cover for the auto-trading process
• Preparation of information for the National Statistics Office as requested
• Adhoc projects and tasks
Technical and Professional Experience
• Part-Qualified in a recognised professional accountancy qualification
• The candidate must have an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including use and set-up of Pivot tables and formulas.
• Experience of an accounting software package
• Good working knowledge of JD Edwards accounting software
• Good attention to detail
• Team Player - as a small team it will be necessary to cover colleagues’ workload
• Able to demonstrate the Core Values, setting an example to others by showing respect and courtesy at all times, being open and honest, innovative and flexible
• Sound analytical skills
• Customer Awareness
• Organised - they must be able to work in a structured way demonstrating an audit trail
• Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work to deadlines and take responsibility - must be able to identify the deadline for a piece of work to be completed e.g. period end and take responsibility for ensuring that the deadline is achieved
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'