Assistant Accountant- Fixed Term Contract- Leading Energy Research Consultancy
Energy Aspects currently has a great opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our team on an initial 5-month contract. This is an interesting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant, with general bookkeeping experience and some exposure to year end accounts, to join our growing business and help us maintain our accounting records, whilst assisting with some year-end duties.
Founded in 2012, Energy Aspects is a rapidly growing independent research consultancy. The company is committed to providing indispensable analysis of energy markets to its clients to help guide their investment, trading and research decisions. We are a leading provider of energy markets insight and data, with our analysts regularly providing the press with comments for a wide variety of print, online and television.
The position will require flexibility and the drive to go above and beyond when needed, ensuring excellent client care and delivery of service. Although collaboration is key to our business, successful candidates will be able to work independently and be capable of planning and prioritising own workload to ensure success.
In exchange, we offer excellent remuneration, a high-performance culture, challenging and exciting work with like-minded and talented colleagues.
- Providing support to the finance manager to cover all three entities (UK/US/SG)
- Process sales invoice as per order form
- Assisting with credit control
- Collaborate with clients to facilitate payments
- Ad hoc tasks to make accounts receivable / sales cycle more efficient
- Process / review suppliers’ invoices, staff reimbursement claim
- Weekly / monthly Bank and credit cards reconciliation
- Ad hoc tasks to maintain purchase ledger
- Processing payments and invoices accurately and within expected time periods
- Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections where appropriate
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Exposure to Xero and Expensify
- Experience in Balance Sheet Account Preparation
- Strong Bookkeeping skills
- High attention to detail
- Can work with a high level of independence
- Hold a high level of integrity and ethical standards
Culture and Benefits
Working out of our Canary Wharf office, you can take advantage of low commute times and easy access from across London, excellent amenities for shopping, gyms and healthcare, restaurants and bars. We do also provide daily fresh fruit, hot drinks, soft drinks, snacks and the occasional exotic treats from our international travels.
Please don’t be discouraged if you don’t tick all of the boxes - they’re a guide based on what we’d love to see but we appreciate that great employees have diverse backgrounds.
If you feel you’d be a great fit, get in touch for a conversation about opportunities within our team.
Energy Aspects is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity within its workforce. As an international business we are determined that suitably qualified persons will never receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
- Balance Sheet
- Microsoft Office
- Year End Accounts
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'