£30/35k plus bonus and study allowance
This role would probably suit an AAT/experienced bookkeeper or a part qualified ACCA/CIMA studier. Our client are looking at putting a study package in place, so potentially that would be attractive to someone currently in the process of studying for the professional exams.
Our client a fast growing UK Financial Services and Technology company located in the London W2, is looking for an Assistant Accountant to work alongside the Financial Controller.
You will have responsibility for the daily/monthly bookkeeping and also assist in preparing the management accounts using QuickBooks Online. You will also work with IT and support the import of systems information into the accounting software as well as calculate accruals, prepayments, deferred incomes, sales commission and assist with forecasting. You will administer personnel records, HR reporting and some general office administration. Your ability to work in Excel and provide reconciliation and analysis is key.
1+ years experience in various areas of bookkeeping with a preference for a financial services/Lending background
Strong analytics skills
Strong Excel skill
The desire to take on more responsibility as the business grows.
* Post accounts payable and bank transactions
* Reconcile bank accounts
* Invoice processing and reconciliation of aged creditors and aged debtors
* Post payroll and system journals
* Assist in production of management accounts
* Produce monthly budget variance and flash reports
* Produce Ad hoc reports and provide analysis
* Maintain employee details, starter and leavers, and leave records
* Submit Payroll to outsourced provider
* Prepare month and year end payroll returns
* Check all nominal balances at year end
* Prepare Year end journals
* Prepare Accruals/prepayments
* Prepare Schedules for accountants
* An adept and proactive communicator able to build relationships at all levels, able to deal with others with tact and good judgment. Responsible, inclusive and approachable.
* Self sufficient in determining work priority and completing assignments
* The ability to multi-task and plan effectively
* A proactive and pre-emptive problem-solving approach.
* Desirable - QuickBooks Online
* Preference for experience working in smaller companies and financial services
* Data Analysis to support reconciliations and assist in profitability assessments
* Organisational skills including scheduling, meeting administration and attention to detail
If interested in this role, please email your CV to
- assistant accountant
- accounts assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job