ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT - LEADING ENTERTAINMENT ORGANISATION
Based: South West London
£28,000 - 32,000
3 month rolling contract
Successful and well known entertainment business is looking for an Assistant Accountant for their accounting team in their UK head office in West London on a rolling (3 month) contract basis.
Working closely within a small team and reporting into the Financial Controller, the role of the Assistant Accountant will involve supporting the finance team in a range of reporting, controlling and general accounting tasks along with various other ad hoc responsibilities. The position is varied and will offer an increased scope of work as the individual progresses. Responsibilities for the Assistant Accountant will include:
- Record transactions, create journal entries and general upkeep of the general ledger
- Accounts payable
- Month end closing
- Reconciling general ledger accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Timely production of accounts
- Review of payroll journals
- Dealing with queries from suppliers, clients, and the sales team.
- Assisting with ad hoc month end close and reporting process..
- General financial admin tasks when required
- Part Qualified ACCA / CIMA or AAT with 3-6 years finance or bookkeeping experience
- Month end experience
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Willing to learn and keen to develop.
- Organised and able to meet various weekly/monthly deadlines.
- Excellent communication and IT skills .
- Versatile, flexible and who has attention to detail
- An interest in entertainment / sport
Applicants for the Assistant Accountant position should be part qualified CIMA / ACCA or AAT. You should be able to hit the ground running with at least 2-6 years experience in a similar role.The role will initially be offered on a 3 month fixed term contract basis with a view of being extended / being made permanent thereafter.
- Accounts Payable
- General Ledger
- Part Qualified
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'