Assistant Accountant - Bournemouth - Highly innovative company
Jigsaw Specialist Recruitment are delighted to be working with a highly innovative, forward-thinking business with offices based in central Bournemouth. Due to an exciting period of growth, there is an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join the finance team. This would be a great move for an individual with a minimum of AAT Level 3 or a foundational accounting qualification to advance their finance career. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with both the transactional processing team and the senior management team, contributing to the timely and high-quality production of month-end accounts.
This role offers hybrid working, 1-day WFH & 4 days in the Bournemouth office.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant include:
- Manage monthly bank reconciliations for four currency bank accounts, ensuring ledger accuracy and addressing outstanding items
- Collaborate with the fleet manager to review and post monthly fleet car charges
- Assess overhead spend for reasonableness, compare it to the budget, make necessary accruals, and report overspending to the Finance Manager and Cost Centre Manager
- Accruals and prepayments
- Update all fixed assets and post depreciation to the ledger
- Oversee Inter company reconciliation and clear balance sheet codes
- Be open to additional tasks related to the job function
The successful Assistant Accountant will require the following skills and experience:
- Minimum AAT level 3 or foundation stage accounting qualification essential
- Deadline-driven with attention to detail and experience working in an Accounts role
- Previous experience of auto and manual reconciliations is essential.
- Double entry accounting, raising invoices and reconciling Balance Sheet accounts experience.
- Demonstrable experience of strong customer service, including building relationships with employees and external stakeholders.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Competence with computerised accounting systems, preferably SAP.
- Strong communication skills
In return you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, 4 times basic salary death in service life assurance, healthcare scheme, occupational sick pay entitlement and 25 days’ annual leave.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'