Position: Accountancy Apprenticeship
Start Date: July 2023
Working Week: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm with a 1-hour lunch break
Salary: £200.00 per week
Our client, an exciting accountancy firm in Ipswich, are seeking a motivated and proactive individual to join their team as an Accountancy Apprentice. You will work alongside a team of 3 others who have been through the apprenticeship programme and studied the AAT course.
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability.
- Ideally, applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades 9-4 for an Advanced Apprenticeship and 9-3 for an Intermediate.
- Apprentices need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
- Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, may be offered an appointment to come into college (Ipswich or Suffolk Rural (Otley) campus) and sit an online assessment to confirm program suitability.
- Drive for personal development & growth
- Proactive attitude
- Strong numerical skills
- Key communication skills
- Good timekeeping
- Active listening skills
Training Provided: You will develop your knowledge and skills, including processing of bookkeeping transactions, building your business awareness, ethical standards, understanding IT systems and processes, financial accounting and reporting, and dealing with VAT returns. The apprentice will complete an End point Assessment to demonstrate that they can perform knowledge, skills and behaviours in their occupation.
- Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (additional cost)
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma (additional cost)
Future Prospects: You will benefit from being able to progress your career at a swift pace. Following the successful completion of the AAT course, you will have the opportunity to progress onto a chartered accountancy qualification that will also be fully funded by the firm. This is where you can progress to being either a financial or management accountant with the company and whilst studying this course you would be the assistant financial/management accountant. You will also benefit from an annual pay review and a great culture including a work-life balance that will allow you to work remotely once you have completed an initial probation period. As well as this, you will receive an annual bonus based on both company and individual performance on top of a monthly commission which is calculated from the value of the work you complete.
Vacancy Detail: As an accountancy apprentice, you will assist both the financial and management accountants in a range of tasks which will enable you to learn a full variety of accountancy whilst being a key member of the team. Your key responsibilities will be:
- A range of bookkeeping duties for clients
- Assisting the financial accountant with the preparation of financial accounts and corporation tax returns
- Assisting the financial accountant with the preparation of personal tax returns
- Assisting the management accountant with the preparation of management accounts
- Filing of payrolls for client needs
- Providing key financial advice to clients
- Assisting with the preparation of VAT returns for client needs
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to start your career in accountancy, apply today or contact Haidee
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'