Edward Mann are exclusively recruiting for a trainee Assistant Accountant position on behalf of a key client, an extremely dynamic and successful private equity business located in Central London.
This is a great position for a candidate who is looking to begin a career in accounting. The role provides a rare opportunity to work in an informal and rewarding, but very demanding environment, to develop and excel in a broad range of responsibilities and disciplines. A brilliant opportunity to join a fast-paced business will training provided and a clear plan for career development.
- 4 days at work + 1 day for AAT study
- Financial support for AAT qualification
- Gym membership
- + Other exciting company benefits
- Maintenance of accounting ledgers, principally in Sage, to include sales ledger, purchase ledger/accounts payable, banking transactions, accruals/prepayments and journals.
- Preparation of management accounts for UK companies.
- Processing of supplier payments and other bank transactions.
- Dealing with ad hoc accounting and reporting queries.
- Maintenance of VAT reporting, controls and submission to HMRC.
- Implementation and maintenance of core financial controls, reconciliations, reporting and analysis.
- Maintenance of statutory and corporate records including Companies House returns/submissions.
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts incorporating P&L, Balance sheet and Cashflow for a range of U.K. companies.
- Understanding of accounting concepts, processing and controls
- Hard-working, pro active, flexible and determined
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Sage systems experience (beneficial, not essential)
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job