Rapidly growing financial services company with national recognition and tipped to be the next big thing. They are true fintech pioneers and can offer you an exciting opportunity to join a company that has doubled in size in recent months.
Purpose: To provide accurate financial reporting to enable business decisions to be made to improve growth and profit. 1 year Maternity Cover Contract
Reports to: Finance and Operations Manager
Supported by: Financial Assistants
- Preparation of monthly financial statements to include Profit and Loss accounts, balance sheet and cashflow.
- Analysis and commentary of monthly financial reports.
- Review of business spend against budget.
- Ensure all financial transactions are processed and that journals and accruals are updated and processed.
- Review and authorise the daily client money bank reconciliations and monthly operational bank reconciliation.
- Reconcile balance sheet control accounts month.
- Investigate and clear any anomalies.
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
- Calculate and post depreciation.
- Ensure compliance with FCA and other relevant regulatory commitments.
- Responsible for credit control.
- Effectively managing debtors and creditors.
- Produce statutory reports as required.
- Develop and improve meaningful management information.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the company processes and in-house Information Technology system.
Knowledge and skills:
- Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel (intermediate/advanced level)
- Accountancy qualified (part qualified in CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or qualified by experience.
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Client money experience beneficial.
- Ability to build and retain strong customer relationships.
- In depth understanding of the in-house business model/ethos
- Strong Commercial/financial awareness.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Decision making and judgement
- Taking responsibility
- Performance standards
- Customer Focus
- Job Knowledge
- People Management
- Communication/Interpersonal skills
- Financial Planning
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accountant
- Management Accounts
- Management Information
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job