Do you want to work for the UK’s biggest travel insurance provider?
Are you looking for a customer service role offering plenty of variety?
If so, our client that boasts an office in a prime City Centre location is looking for several Medical Claims Handlers to join their back-office travel team due to ongoing growth. Dealing with the management of travel insurance claims, the Medical Claims Handler role offers an excellent opportunity for someone to work in a varied customer service role where no two claims are the same. Full training and ongoing support will be offered to the successful candidate. A competitive annual salary, shift allowance, excellent holiday entitlement and company pension scheme is also on offer.
Daily duties to include:
- Assessing the severity of the claim and urgency of assistance required to decide on the best course of action
- Arranging medical services for customers and reviewing reports (hospitalisation, treatments, appointments etc)
- Organising the logistics of getting customers home (commercial flights, air ambulances etc)
- Managing services on deceased cases (repatriations, burials, cremations etc)
- Completing a daily list of actions required to progress open claims and updating customers and family members accordingly
- Ensuring costs of services are accurately estimated and guarantees of payment are issued
- Co-ordinating services with internal teams and gaining an excellent working knowledge of external suppliers throughout the world
- Dealing with all emergency and non-emergency claims in a calm, organised and empathetic manner
- Capturing all information on the internal database and completing all associated claims administration
Due to the nature of the Medical Claims Handler role, it is important that the successful candidate demonstrates strong customer focus, communication and problem-solving skills. While previous customer service experience is required, this does not necessarily need to have been gained in a contact centre environment. Existing employees that have come from retail, hospitality and teaching backgrounds have all excelled in this role.
As this is a 365-day operation, the successful candidate will need to be flexible to work Monday to Sunday shifts between the hours of 7.30 a.m. and 10.00 p.m. including Bank Holidays.
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear more details then please contact me ASAP.
- Contact Centre
- Customer Service
- Claims Handling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job