As Asset Manager you are required to identify and analyse where improvements as needed for the asset and plan development, engaging and working with stakeholders to contribute to the delivery of the Asset Development agenda and deliver a safe and effective network.
Day to Day:
- Identify where improvements are needed and where there are performance issues on the network, assimilating information and data to understand the condition of the asset for the planning process.
- Deliver statutory planning functions to ensure future network needs are justified.
- Engage and work with stakeholders, balancing the needs of the stakeholders and benefits of the engagement against the resources available to deliver to ensure effective liaison.
- Review and comment on development proposals and plans and undertake legal obligations as required to ensure that they are appropriate and within policy and legislation.
- Work collaboratively across organisational boundaries ensuring effective liaison between areas of operations to deliver against corporate and directorate objectives.
- Bring together information for performance reports and undertake reporting on performance to highlight risks and issues to inform effective decision making
- Maintain information on the system and audit suppliers to ensure that what is reflected in the databases and by suppliers is the work that has been done.
- Proven experience in and technical knowledge of a highway infrastructure environment
- Knowledge of the work of the Major Projects directorate as well as other directorates in Highways England
- Knowledge of the condition of the asset and the network within their region
- Knowledge of organisational delivery mechanisms for highway projects, renewals, and the mechanisms that local authorities use to promote schemes
- High level of communication skills to engage stakeholders at all levels
- Technical background in either engineering, planning, programme or project management
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job