We are looking for an experienced Underwriter- Asset Finance to join our growing financial services client based in Southampton. The Underwriter will support the underwriting process to ensure the integrity and quality of new business proposals and the portfolio. The Underwriter will have an underwriting authority as approved by the Board subject to the satisfactory completion of the probationary period.
- Obtaining the information required to complete an underwriting proposal which will include dealing with the asset department, sales team and occasionally direct communication face to face or by telephone with brokers or prospective customers
- Make valid commercial judgements in relation to risks arising from a new business proposal
- Complete objective, sound and balanced written underwriting proposals covering the risk and mitigants of a transaction in accordance with the processes and practices
- Arranging and attending meetings at the office and at broker/customer sites
- Presenting underwriting proposals to other underwriters or to the credit committee
- As applicable, approving proposals under their own authority
- Accurately communicating approval conditions to the sales teams and other relevant staff
- Completion of Annual Credit Reviews on existing high balance exposures.
- Knowledge of Data Protection, Anti Money Laundering, Consumer Credit Act, Companies Acts and related legislation.
- An ability to demonstrate proven experience of underwriting transactions in a vendor or direct asset finance lending environment and having held a personal lending mandate.
- Experience of credit underwriting aviation transactions plus an understanding of the end to end process including documentation.
- Experience of discussing accounting information on a face to face basis with customers to obtain additional information.
- Understanding of the concept of Risk and participate actively in reviewing all aspects of the Company’s portfolio from time to time.
- Proven ability to interpret financial statements and produce a clear written analysis including understanding a customer’s cash flow.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience of deal structuring and documentation including strengthening proposals by taking additional security.
- Ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Good understanding of MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and be self-motivated.
- Flexible approach to work and willingness to support colleagues.
- Commitment to set and promote high standards of customer service.
- Credit Risk
- Asset Based Finance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job