E.ON Connecting Energies (ECT) is a multi-national integrator of managed energy solutions. We make life-time energy and operating cost savings happen for commercial, industrial and public-sector customers by designing, building, financing, operating and optimizing energy-consuming and energy-generating equipment and systems at our customers' facilities. Within ECT, the Domain "Flexibility" creates battery, energy storage and flexibility solutions for B2B and B2M customers.
- Connection of new customers to the aggregation platform.
- Technical discussions with customers to understand their assets and equipment, its flexibility and how it could be controlled by provide DSR services, to ensure a smooth onboarding process.
- Production of connection configuration documents detailing the interfacing and connection arrangements for connection of customer assets to the aggregation platform and its remote control hardware (Combox).
- Ordering of the remote control hardware (Combox) for customers and arranging installation with the customer and our installation contractors where required.
- Carrying out remote commissioning and testing of the customer’s asset to prepare assets for participation in flexibility services.
- Reviewing customers metering arrangements, checking suitability against service requirements and working with customers to resolve any issues. Establishing data flows where necessary.
- Arranging bespoke metering installations and upgrades with the customer and our metering services provider, along with production of metering statements and documentation for qualifying an asset for participation in flexibility services.
- Recording of customer and asset information using the customer database system along with periodic updating to keep records up to date.
- On-going monitoring of existing customer assets to ensure reliability and investigating and resolution of communications or interface faults, including fault finding.
- Support Technical Sales team with site flexibility surveys and flexibility assessments.
Here's what you'll need:
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 or higher in an Electronic or Electrical engineering discipline (IT will also be considered where suitable experience is available).
- Knowledge and experience of instrumentation, control systems and control protocols ((OPC DA / HDA / UA, IEC 60870-5-104, IEC 60870-5-101 SNMT, Modbus TCP, Profibus ).
- Experience managing and delivering site engineering, installation or upgrade projects.
- Intermediate to advanced IT skills using Word, Excel, Access.
- Good communication skills.
It would be great if you also had:
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Safety training and awareness and a safety qualification such as Safety Passport, or IOSH Managing Safely.
- Knowledge and experience specifying, installing and commissioning electricity metering systems and familiarity with Elexon Codes of Practice.
- Experience working with external customers.
- Awareness, knowledge or past experience with demand-side response and/or flexibility services.
What we'll give you in return:
- 2 for 1 pension contributions
- Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Voluntary benefits – discount and cashback
- Group Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Financial advice and guidance website
- This is a permanent position.
- This role is based at out Greenwood site in Coventry.
- Due to the nature of this role a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check maybe required.
- For more information on reasonable adjustments pleaseclick here.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is an international privately-owned energy supplier. In the 2014 financial year, our staff comprising in excess of more than 58,000 employees based in many countries in Europe as well as in Russia and North America generated sales of around EUR 112 billion. We have an ambitious objective: We want to be the preferred partner for high-value energy offerings for customers.
E.ON Connecting Energies
E.ON Connecting Energies (ECT) offers integrated energy solutions for B2B customers and the public sector. We make life-time energy and operating cost savings happen for our customers by designing, building, financing, operating and optimizing energy-consuming and energy-generating equipment and systems at our customers’ facilities. ECT is currently active in Germany, UK, Italy and Russia and operates along three business units – energy efficiency, on-site generation as well as flexibility & virtual power plants.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job